This page gives details of all our Sailing activities during the Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter periods. The year begins with the Spring Series, followed by the Summer Series in June and July, the Autumn Series in September through to late-October, after a mid-summer break for the August Frolic! The Winter Series completes the year through to late December.
Club Boats comprising Enterprise(s), Lightnings, Toppers and Optimists are available to members during Social Sailing and club training days, when safety cover is provided. These boats may also be booked for racing by contacting the Bosun. Please record usage of Club Boats in the Logbook that is kept in the Club House.
Help and guidance are given to novice sailors, both adults and cadets, together with introductions to nearby RYA approved courses. Crewing for competent helms is another good way to learn. Sailing skills tune-up events are held during the year and are open to all members.
Exhibition at the Bucks New University, High Wycombe, in collaboration with Bisham Abbey Sailing School.
Saturday casual sailing
To encourage up-and-coming new members, the club endeavours to provide two or three people on Saturday afternoons to supervise casual/social sailing and to provide safety cover. Experienced and competent helms are invited to volunteer their services for one or two afternoons per year.
Class racing takes place on most Sundays and the occasional Monday Bank Holiday during the year. Four or three races are held per day (two in Winter) with breaks for lunch and tea as appropriate. Full club members are required to volunteer for OD (Officer of the Day) duties to allow racing to take place and to provide safety cover. Race start times are as follows.
|Class||Race 1/2||Race 3||Race 4|
|Summer & Autumn Series|
|Class||Race 1||Race 2||Race 3|
|Class||Race 1||Race 2||Race 3|
|Class||Race 1||Race 2|
|All-Class Handicap||10:55||not before 12:15|
A typical Merlin Rocket Open
Classes of dinghy
Numerous dinghy classes are sailed at Cookham Reach. They are listed below, together with their PY numbers.
The two Club Classes sailed at Cookham Reach are:
|PY = 1001|
|PY = 1170|
... but there is a wide variety of boats that make up our Handicap fleet:
|PY = 1113|
|PY = 1143|
|PY = 1041|
|PY = 1104|
|PY = 1347|
|... and more!|
For more details, see the Handicap page.
These cater for the full range of abilities and family requirements.
See our CRSC Best Boat Guide.
Prizes and trophies are awarded to the most successful helms and crews (by Class) in each of the Series, plus further trophies for special event races held throughout the year.
- Spring Series - 3 classes: Merlin, Lightning, Handicap
- Summer Series - 3 classes: Merlin, Lightning, Handicap
- August Frolic Series - all classes: Handicap
- Autumn Series - 3 classes: Merlin, Lightning, Handicap
- Winter Series - all classes: Handicap & Personal Handicap
- Class Captains' awards: Merlin, Lightning, Handicap & Ladies
- Up & Coming Trophy (under-18)
- Under-21 Trophy, Under-16 award - all classes: Handicap
- Masters Trophy (over 55) - all classes: Handicap
- Coronation Trophies - 3 classes: Merlin, Lightning, Handicap
- Harbour Cup League - all classes: Handicap
- Ladies Trophy
- Club Championship (Founder's Trophy) - all classes: Handicap
- Nat Phillips Trophy - all classes: Handicap (pursuit races)
- Enterprise League awards, Spring/Summer & August/Autumn: Enterprise
- Guy Pearce Memorial Trophy: Merlin
- Peter Flanagan Trophy: Merlin
- Derek Bayley Trophy: Lightning
- Enterprise Championship: Enterprise
- Jubilee Cup
- Gordon Daniel Trophy (cadet)
For more details on sailing matters, please contact the Vice Commodore.